Is Egg Donation and Surrogacy Legal in Canada?
Many Future Parents wonder, “Is surrogacy and egg donation legal in Canada?” The answer is Yes!
The Assisted Human Reproduction Act or AHRA, allows for women to become altruistic, gestational surrogates to help people become parents, but does not allow for these women to be compensated directly for their surrogacy. The same applies to egg donors. However, the law does allow these extraordinary egg donors and surrogates to be reimbursed for their pregnancy or egg donation related expenses such as maternity clothing, food, medications, travel related expenses and more.
Extraordinary Conceptions works with the most experienced reproductive and family lawyers to ensure our Canadian and International Intended Parents pursuing their journey in Canada are doing so safely. Working with us and our expert legal team will ensure you will be the legal parents of your children born through surrogacy.
Our Intended Parents working in Canada receive the same excellent services as in the United States. Canadian Intended Parents can choose to work with American or Canadian surrogates, and Egg Donors from all around the world.
Here are some of the reasons Canadians choose us to be their Egg Donation Agency:
- We have the largest egg donor database in the nation with more than 3,600 egg donors ready to help you
- As a true International agency, Extraordinary Conceptions make a concerted effort to employ staff who are multilingual so we can better communicate with our clients
- We have gestational surrogates located in all States where surrogacy is legal as well as in Canada!
- Our S.A.F.E program (Single Agency Fee Experience) is a stress-free, no money down program available to all future parents. If the egg donor or surrogacy cycle is not successful the first time, the client may proceed with another donor or surrogate until positive results are achieved without paying another agency fee. *Some restrictions apply.
- All intended parents are enrolled in our STRESS-FREE Program where you do not have to sign or pay agency fees until your surrogate and/or donor have been medically approved by your IVF clinic.
- With an on-site insurance specialist, travel department, notary and Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist, we can anticipate and meet many of your needs that may arise during your journey
Options to Find a Surrogate Mother
Surrogacy Services: Extraordinary Conceptions will help you find a surrogate mother and will be with you throughout your whole journey to parenthood.
We work with Surrogate Mothers in Canada as well as in the United States. We have various packages available to meet your specific needs.
Canadian Egg Donor
Egg Donation Services: Extraordinary has an ethnically diverse database of over 3,500 egg donors in Canada, the United States, and across the world. We have egg donors from all ethnicities including Asian, East Indian, and Middle Eastern egg donors.
We are happy to work with you to select the clinic with the best egg donation success rates. The egg donation procedure is much like a typical IVF procedure, but coordination of these cycles are very different. Our team of coordinators is experienced with navigating the various requirements of Canadian IVF Clinics.
Complete an Intending parent application now to have full access to our database with no cost or obligation.
How much does it cost to work with a surrogate in Canada? How much does it cost to work with an Egg Donor in Canada?
Costs involved are greatly affected by many factors, such as your personal situation and services required, so exact totals cannot be quoted. Our coordinators can address your unique situation with you privately. Intended Parents should note that although some other countries may be a financially cheaper option, the safety, security and legal aspects of the process should always be considered first. If you embark on your journey in Canada or USA, you and your finances are safe and secure.
At Extraordinary Conceptions we do understand how expensive this process can be and this is why we are proud to offer our future parents the S.A.F.E program (Single Agency Fee Experience). Our S.A.F.E program is a stress-free, no money down program where if the egg donation or surrogacy cycle is not successful the first time, the client may proceed with another cycle until positive results are achieved without paying another agency fee. Some restrictions do apply. There is no other Canadian agency offering this type of guarantee.
We are also proud to say that all of our surrogates are insured with a $750,000 USD life insurance policy for 2 years with the option for the former surrogate to continue after the term. To compare, other agencies offer $250,000 for one year.
Please reach out to one of our staff so that we can provide quotes that are tailored to your individual needs.