Wondering how to choose a surrogacy agency? Believe it or not, it’s a big decision! Extraordinary Conceptions makes the choice easy by eliminating much of the stress and confusion that can surround finding the right donor and/or surrogate.
We strive to make the entire process for intended parents as simple as possible with our comprehensive packages and knowledgeable staff who will help guide you through every step of the process. With Extraordinary Conceptions, you can relax and focus on the most important element of the journey—becoming a parent.
How to Choose the Best Gestational Surrogacy Agency
Selecting the best surrogacy agency that you will work with on this journey is one of the most important decisions. Not only will your agency help you find your surrogate and/or donor, but they will also help to facilitate the entire cycle and pregnancy.
There are several things you should consider when doing your research:
- Experience: There are many agencies that pop up and claim to offer surrogacy and/or egg donor matching services. However, given the complexity of third-party reproduction, you’ll want to work with someone with years of experience and expertise in the industry. Make sure to check out the owner of your agency and ask about their experience. The best surrogacy agencies will be run by people who have worked in the surrogacy or infertility field for at least several years.
- Reputation: You’ll also want to make sure the agency you’re working with has a good reputation, both with the parents and surrogates who have worked with them and other industry professionals. There are several ways you can do this:
- Check out reviews, testimonials, and social media sites online.
- Ask if they have a surrogacy agency license
- Ask your doctor or friends and family if they have heard of your potential agency and what they have heard.
- Ask if they comply with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or American Society of Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) guidelines.
- Check the Better Business Bureau (BBB) to see if they have pending complaints
- Find out how long they have been in business
- Investigate whether they have a history of or any ongoing lawsuits or litigation
- Value: The cost of your cycle is important, but the best gestational surrogacy agencies will provide much greater value than others. One agency may be significantly less expensive than another. However, if the surrogacy agency doesn’t provide psychological support for their surrogates or screen them appropriately, it puts you at risk down the line. You are better protected by using an agency that may cost a little more, but has a better reputation and more experience in the field.
Why We Are Different
Extraordinary Conceptions offers additional services that allow you to relax and enjoy the process. Some of the services that we offer include:
- Staff members are made up of a compassionate team of specialists who also include former egg donors, former surrogate mothers, current surrogates, a former IVF nurse and former IVF patient concierge from prominent fertility clinics and doctors. Above all, the founders of Extraordinary Conceptions are parents who have twins via surrogacy.
- We have surrogates available in all states where surrogacy is legal.
- While some egg donor and surrogate agencies consider themselves “international,” Extraordinary Conceptions truly makes a concerted effort to employ staff members who are both native and/or speak the following languages: Italian, Portuguese, French, Mandarin, Cantonese, English, German, Czech, Japanese, and Spanish.
- Extraordinary Conceptions is a leading international agency that has been in business since 2005. Our main office is headquartered in Carlsbad, California.
- We have the largest egg donor database in the nation, totaling more than 3,000 egg donors.
- Our egg donors are available for international travel when approved.
- Our S.A.F.E. program* is a stress-free, no money down “program” is a welcome to intended parents. Extraordinary Conceptions is committed to success, and we recognize that surrogacy and egg donation costs can be extremely expensive, so we have developed a Single Agency Fee Experience. If the egg donor or surrogacy cycle is not successful the first time, the client may proceed with another donor or surrogate until positive results are achieved without paying another agency fee. There is no other agency offering this type of guarantee. *Ask your coordinator for more details about our programs.
- With our Stress-Free Program, we do not require full funding at the time of match confirmation.
- We have close ties with top-tier 3rd party reproductive attorneys who are apprised of both national and international laws. These attorneys are adept in state laws where surrogacy is legal to do so.
- We have notaries on site.
- We have an experienced Surrogate Admissions Team who fully educate and screen all surrogate applicants.
- We have a Licensed Marriage Family Therapist in our office, so all psychological screening is done here, and personal counseling is also available to all parties anytime.
- Extraordinary Conceptions insures its surrogates with a $750,000 life insurance policy for 2 years with the option for the former surrogate to continue after the term. Other agencies offer $250,000 for one year.
- With so much international interest, Extraordinary Conceptions makes frequent visits to many countries in order to reach out to intended clients, providing free consultations personally.
Choosing an egg donor and/or surrogate agency is an important step in creating a family. With Extraordinary Conceptions, we take the anxiety away from the decision. To learn more about Extraordinary Conceptions and surrogacy, contact us. Let us help you start the process of creating a family. To register and use our extensive database, submit your Intended Parent application today.