For more information on becoming an egg donor in Mandarin, please click here →
Egg Donor Requirements
Are you thinking about becoming an egg donor?
At Extraordinary Conceptions, we know that egg donations truly make a difference in the lives of others. We work with future parents around the world who are trying to conceive a child but can’t do it without the help of an egg donor like yourself. These parents are looking for potential egg donors who may physically resemble themselves in some way such as hair color, facial features, or blood type. Aside from physical characteristics, they may also be looking for ways in which the donors reflect themselves; artistic, compassionate, humorous, and well educated. Because we help such a diverse group of parents, we are looking for all types of women who are willing to become egg donors.
Maybe you know someone who struggled with infertility and needed the help of an egg donor to become a parent. If so, then you know how heartbreaking and difficult it can be for people who are unable to conceive on their own. Donating your eggs can be a very rewarding experience not only for the parents, but for yourself. Becoming an egg donor gives you the opportunity to learn more about your own genetics and fertility through the testing and screening process that you may not know otherwise. Egg donors learn the outcome from their egg donation, which brings the experience full circle. While most egg donations are anonymous, in some cases there are “known donations” where the egg donor and parents may even stay in contact for future updates. And of course, all of our egg donors are generously compensated for their time.
Is egg donation right for you?
Please take a few minutes to read the information in our Donor Center and related sections and feel free to contact us directly if you have any questions regarding egg donation or our program. If you’re ready to apply now, please click the button below to be directed to our Egg Donor Application. The basic egg donor requirements are listed below. We look forward to hearing from you!
Minimum Requirements to become an Egg Donor:
- A healthy woman between the ages of 18-29
- BMI of 27 or less (height & weight proportionate)
- A non-smoker and not using recreational drugs
Additional Things To Consider:
- Although college experience is not necessary for egg donors, if you have a degree or are currently in enrolled in college, it may be a key factor in the Parents’ decision.
- You must be willing to complete medical & psychological testing as per the current egg donor guidelines and those required by the IVF physician.
- You must be willing to take a series of injectable medications or have someone who will absolutely be able to give them to you as directed.
- You must be willing to undergo the necessary outpatient surgical procedure for the actual egg retrieval.
- Keep in mind that the entire process from time of selection by future parent to egg donation retrieval is typically 60-90 days.
- If you feel you meet these basic requirements, please apply to take the next step in becoming a donor and helping out parents in need. Compensation for egg donation starts at $5,000 plus additional benefits and support. If travel is required for your donation, all travel is paid upfront plus per diem. We also have opportunities for international travel. Certain donors who are in demand may be able to receive higher compensation for their time.
Calling All Current Egg Donors!
Are you currently an egg donor with Extraordinary Conceptions that has children already? Have you ever given thought to becoming a surrogate as another way to help make someone’s dream of having a baby come true? Did you know that you can register to do both?! Simply log in to your donor profile and click to complete the surrogacy application on the right side of your profile. (View may be different on mobile phones). After you submit your initial application, someone from our Surrogacy Admissions team will reach out to you to take the next step.