Whether intending parents need an egg donor or a woman wants to become a donor, there are guidelines one can use in the navigation process. Finding the right egg donor agency is one of the most important decisions someone will make in their lifetime so locating a company in excellent standing is unparalleled. It’s important to remember that not all egg donor agencies are the same and when someone begins their research, they’ll notice these differences.
Partner with a Reputable Egg Donor Agency
The first important step is teaming up with a professional and reputable agency. Learn about the organization and personally contact the experts who work there to find out if there is a positive rapport. The best egg donor agencies naturally attract leading IVF doctors specializing in reproductive endocrinology and revolutionary fertility clinics who emphasize innovative treatments.
When speaking with team members from an agency, ask if IVF physicians and IVF clinics partner with them for their egg donor candidates. If they do, this is a great sign that IVF clinics rely on their donor database.
A premium database offers more than 2,500 donors. It may include a blend of repeat donors, donors of varying nationalities, and college educated candidates. Some may also include donors who have graduated or are currently attending an Ivy League school.
What sets a donor database apart from the others is the screening protocol. Intending parents want to find an agency that employs a rigorous donor screening up until medical clearance. Conversely, donors want to team up with a first-class agency to ensure they receive excellent care throughout the entire process.
What to Look for in an Egg Donor Agency
Egg donor agencies differ in their operations. With that said, it’s incredibly important to find one which remains dedicated to offering women who want to become egg donors the very best. This type of gesture also provides intending parents “peace of mind” knowing that their potential donors are receiving exceptional care.
Examples of what to look for in an agency include the following:
- Top compensation for donors beginning at $5,000 (Asian ethnicities generally receive more)
- An agency which has more than a decade in the industry with official headquarters; not a home office
- Knowledgeable, professional, and compassionate team members
- Life insurance policies for egg donors residing in the U.S.
- An agency that employs strict standards of personal privacy for clients and donors
- An agency which offers a secure database
- Partners with esteemed IVF doctors and fertility clinics
- Anonymous and known donor agreements
- Referrals and affiliations with reproductive attorneys
- In-house therapists for psychological screenings
- An agency which allows a friend or family member may accompany the donor for her procedure
An egg donor agency should treat intending parents and egg donors with individual care; in other words, every person arrives there for their unique reasons so the experience should mirror this. It’s all about offering supportive-centered care and exceeding the expectations of everyone involved in their journey towards making parenthood dreams come true.